- Please follow the instructions shown on your Scheduling Authorization to make your test appointment at a PSI computer test center. We suggest that you schedule your test appointment early in the testing period to allow flexibility in case you need to reschedule during the same testing period. Please contact PSI at 800-733-9267 only for transfers within the same testing period, subject to availability of another appointment time. PSI does NOT have the authority to transfer you to another testing period, so be sure to read the policy in the Handbook for Candidates regarding refunds and/or rescheduling and call Professional Testing Corporation (212-356-0660) with any questions.
- You MUST bring your current government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) with you. The name on your Scheduling Authorization must exactly match the name on the current photo I.D., which you must bring to the test center. Temporary paper licenses will not be accepted. Call PTC at 212-356-0660 if you need another Scheduling Authorization or if your name is not correct.
- Familiarize yourself with the test center location and allow plenty of time to arrive on time. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, you may not be able to take the examination due to lateness.
- Bring earplugs in case of outside noise. Please let the proctor know immediately if there is excessive noise in your testing area.
- Be aware that other test takers may be in the testing room with you, and may arrive or depart during your examination.
- For security reasons, you may be requested to lock up personal items, such as outerwear, hats, backpacks, handbags, and cell phones, during your examination.
- All electronic devices that can be used to record, transmit, receive, or play back audio, photographic, text, or video content, including but not limited to, cell phones, laptop computers, tablets, Bluetooth-type devices, all wearable technology such as smart watches, MP3 players such as iPods, pagers, cameras and voice recorders are not permitted to be used and cannot be taken into the examination room. The test center may have lockers or you may be asked to lock your personal items. For this reason, we suggest that you not bring personal items with you, other than what is specifically needed for your examination.
- While your exam is in session, you can only leave the testing room to use the restroom. Leaving the floor or building of the test center is not allowed.
- After you make your test appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with the date, time and location of your exam from PSI. Please check this confirmation carefully for the correct date, time and location. Contact PSI at 800-733-9267 if you do not receive this email confirmation or if there is a mistake with your appointment.
With computer-based testing, it is possible to have computer equipment malfunctions and other technical issues. The proctor will try to resolve these issues promptly, but please be patient. In the event your exam cannot resume or if you have other problems, please call PTC during business hours, Monday through Friday at 212-356-0660.