PTC Update on the Coronavirus Outbreak
March 19, 2020
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Prometric test centers in the United States and Canada are now closed through April 16, 2020. If you have a testing period during this timeframe, your application will be transferred to a future testing period at no charge. As there is no guarantee that Prometric will be able to re-open their test centers after April 16, 2020, if you have an exam scheduled for late April, May or June, please contact us closer to your testing period. More information will be sent to you and you can also check at www.ptcny.com for updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all continue to navigate this crisis.
March 17, 2020
Our testing center provider, Prometric, has notified PTC that all of its U.S. and Canadian testing centers are closed effective immediately until at least April 16, 2020. Prometric is notifying all affected candidates with appointments scheduled during this period.
If you have already taken your exam, it will be scored and you will receive your Score Report via email from PTC. No further action is required.
If you are scheduled to take an exam between March 17, 2020, and April 16, 2020, you do not need to contact PTC. We will be transferring all affected candidates to the next available testing period at no charge.
You will receive a confirmation email from PTC as soon as the transfer is complete. As your new testing period approaches, you will receive a Scheduling Authorization from PTC with instructions on scheduling your exam with Prometric.
Please submit any questions using the contact form on our website: www.ptcny.com/contact
Given the high volume of candidates to be transferred, we appreciate your patience during this challenging time.
As the situation changes, we will post updates on our website.
March 16, 2020
Professional Testing Corporation (PTC) is aware of the concerns surrounding the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Protecting the health and well-being of our candidates is our highest priority which is why we will continue to proactively monitor the impact of the virus and take precautionary measures that are appropriate.
If you cannot test due to the coronavirus, we have put in place special rules. If you have a test date between now and April 18, please visit https://ptcny.com/contact
If you have a test date after April 18, please check back in at the beginning of April.
For PTC COVID-19 update, please continuing visiting this page https://ptcny.com/ptc-update-coronavirus-outbreak/
Thank you and we hope that everyone will stay healthy and safe.
March 6, 2020
Due to concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19), PTC is taking significant measures to help protect the health of PTC’s valuable staff, as well as our families and communities.
- PTC staff have been disinfecting all office and shared spaces on a regular basis and are following the CDC’s recommendations to stay healthy.
- All staff members not feeling well have been asked to stay home.
- PTC is in regular communications with Prometric regarding test center closures in impacted areas and will work with candidates to reschedule exam appointments.
- Beginning Monday, March 9, 2020, PTC will be strongly encouraging staff to work from home. Plans are in place to ensure a seamless client and candidate experience, including:
- All staff have remote access to PTC’s phone and email systems, allowing us to receive and respond to phone calls and emails without interruption
- Online applications and the online testing/practice test system will continue to operate as they normally do.
- Psychometric staff and program managers will continue to work with you on your test development needs.
- Board management and financial operations will be uninterrupted.
- All staff have been briefed on work from home protocols to maintain the security of all data and documents.
- Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, all business travel will be halted to protect the health of our staff and clients. Your program managers and coordinators will work with you to determine a course of action to ensure meeting objectives are met.
These policies are effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice. PTC’s systems and processes have always supported a mobile workforce and we are confident that our high level of customer service will be maintained during this time.
For information regarding Prometric testing centers please see their coronavirus information here: https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to ensure that our clients, staff, family, and friends stay healthy. Please let us know if you have any questions.