PTC Update on the Coronavirus Outbreak
September 3, 2020
Prometric recently updated their check-in procedure video. To learn more of what to expect on the day of your test, please view the video found here: https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/what-expect
June 29, 2020
Prometric has enabled thousands of additional appointments in markets in the U.S. and Canada, and plan to add more next week. New appointment hours are opening daily, and we encourage our candidates to check the Prometric Scheduling website frequently if you are looking to schedule an appointment. All appointments will book on a first-come, first-serve basis.
June 4, 2020
Prometric continues to open sites and add June – August appointments for PTC examinations where permitted by local and governmental regulations. If you are looking to schedule an appointment, please go to the Prometric website listed in your Scheduling Authorization email. If you need a copy of your Scheduling Authorization please contact PTC: www.ptcny.com/contact.
May 11, 2020
We are pleased to report that Prometric began a slow opening of their testing centers on May 1st and they are opening centers as each local government deems conditions safe. Prometric’s website lists the latest information on open or soon to open centers: www.prometric.com/site-openings.
Prometric is encouraging any candidates who require direct support from Prometric to use their Contact Form, www.prometric.com/contact-us. Prometric can help reschedule or confirm appointments. Given the volume of requests, response time may still be delayed. You should expect responses in 5-7 business days. This is the best avenue to ensure candidates receive the support they need.
Several May 2020 testing windows have been canceled due to limits on test facilities. Candidates for any of the May exams listed below have been contacted already by either PTC or the exam sponsor with next steps. Contact PTC if you need further information.
May 2020 Testing Window Cancellations:
- CPC: – CPO, CPOA, CPOT, CPOC
- AHSCP – CHS
- ASP: – SMP, SPP
- CCPDT – CBCC-KA
- AHCB – HCT
- RACC – CRA
April 27, 2020
We are pleased to share the latest information on Prometric’s plans to phase-in its testing facility availability in the US.
Prometric will be opening some of their testing centers for PTC to administer examinations during the month of May. The list of available centers has not been released yet. PTC will share the information as soon as it is available. Please do not contact PTC to reschedule your exam until the center you would like to use has been added to the list on the Prometric web site.
The testing centers that reopen will be following strict social distancing guidelines. As a result, Prometric may have to cancel some previously scheduled appointments. If Prometric cancels your appointment, please fill out and submit the PTC contact form for further information and the next steps. Cancellations are at Prometric’s discretion. PTC will work with candidates to reschedule for the first available opportunity.
If you are sick/have been sick within the past two weeks, have recently traveled, or have recently been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, we strongly urge that you stay home to help ensure the safety of Prometric’s employees and other test takers, and recommend that you reschedule your exam on www.prometric.com or contact PTC at www.ptcny.com/contact.
Until further notice, all candidates who are testing are REQUIRED to wear a mask or other face covering at all times at the testing center. Candidates who do not have an appropriate face covering will not be permitted to test.
Prometric is adjusting their testing procedures during the pandemic as outlined below:
Arrival and Check-In Procedures
Prior to entering the test center building, test takers will be required to do the following:
- Bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center. Either medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask or face covering will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no show,” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
- Comply with any other local or federal mandates and guidelines.
During the check-in process, all Prometric test center employees will:
- Be required to wear a mask.
- Visually check the test taker’s glasses and ID (IDs with expiration dates from February 1, 2020 forward will be acceptable for testing).
- Require test takers to sign in on roster sheet with a Prometric-supplied pen. The pen will then be placed into locker with personal belongings or kept by the test taker, along with scratch paper to use during the exam, if permitted by the test taker’s program.
- Open the locker and then leave the area so that the test taker can enter and place belongings in the locker. When the test taker is clear of the area, the center staff will re-enter the area to secure the locker. The center staff will retain the key, and the locker area will remain under video surveillance while the center is open.
- Limit the number of test takers in the waiting area at any time to no more than THREE.
Proctor and Testing Room Procedures
Prior to entering the testing room, the following modified processes will be enacted:
- Test takers will be required to stand on the ‘stand here’ sign or ‘X’ in place on the floor that designate a safe distance away from the test center employee.
- Test takers will be asked to show arms and ankles, as well as empty their pockets from the required safe distance. In order to ensure safe distancing practices, measures that require close personal contact such as wanding, biometric check-in, and second ID verification may be waived.
- Note boards will be replaced with scratch paper to avoid reuse of materials. Scratch paper must be turned into the proctor before exiting the test center.
During the exam process, the following modified process will be enacted:
- Test takers will be seated in a manner that ensures distancing guidelines are satisfied during testing.
- Monitoring of the test room will be done exclusively using existing DVR monitoring. Physical walkthroughs will be waived unless there is adequate space to comply with local government distancing guidelines.
- If a break is permissible according to the exam program rules, center staff will follow established end of exam processes and will ensure the path is clear to exit.
- If locker access is allowed during breaks, the same process applied during check-in will be followed.
- Test center staff will record the time in and out of the test room, removing the need for the candidate to sign the roster.
End of Test Procedures
Once the exam is complete, the following modified processes will be enacted:
- Test takers will be asked to return to the reception area to take a seat.
Test center employees will then:
- Confirm the name of the test taker and open the appropriate locker number. They will then leave the locker area so test takers can retrieve all of their belongings and return to their reception seat.
- Have the test taker return to the reception desk to sign out with the Prometric provided pen and advise test takers to sign next to any recorded break times.
- Instruct test takers to provide all scratch paper and place them into a secure bin, if applicable.
April 17, 2020
At this time, Prometric plans to resume in-center testing in the US and Canada on May 1st where possible. The list of available locations and next steps will be released closer to their reopening dates, based on the most current directives from each state/province.
Prometric is also reviewing the options for test centers outside of the US and Canada. PTC will share any updates as they become available.
We appreciate that this is a dynamic situation and thank you for your continued patience as we work to provide safe and effective testing environments for candidates.
April 10, 2020
April 3, 2020
Update to Certification and Licensure Examination Candidates
At this time, all Prometric testing facilities are closed until further notice. For updated information regarding Prometric testing centers, please visit prometric.com/corona-virus-update.
We appreciate that this is a difficult time and appreciate your patience while we explore secure and appropriate testing options for your specific examination.
April 1, 2020
As the response to the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, we know that this is a busy and stressful time for you, personally and professionally. We want to give you an update on the options that PTC is pursuing to help your organization through this challenge.
We continue to work with our internal teams and external partners to find appropriate solutions for your specific testing needs. We are in discussion with a number of secure remote proctoring vendors to identify the best alternatives for your candidates and certificants. We will reach out to each of you individually once we have more information.
In addition, we recommend that you consider these opportunities to adapt your services to our new remote-centric workplaces:
• For those of you who still offer a paper application, this would be an ideal time to convert to an online application. The online form offers 24/7 convenience with an online payment option for your candidates and a quicker processing time. Online applications are fully customizable and can be tailored to your initial certification and/or recertification needs.
• Thanks to PTC’s investment in technology, PTC’s online testing platform can serve a multitude of testing needs, including unproctored online tests for certificate programs, lower stakes examinations, recertification examinations, self-assessment modules, quizzes, practice tests, or as a source of CEUs.
• You can enhance your certificant’s online presence by offering digital badges. The digital badge is an e-icon that links to real-time information on the certificant’s status and the type of certification achieved. The digital badge content can be customized with information about the specific certification and the certifying organization.
• We can offer fully virtual test development services. Our psychometricians and test development staff are available to lead online meetings with the same level of interaction and results-orientation that we offer in-person. Without travel, your staff and SMEs may find the test development process more appealing and be more willing to commit to the process.
• If your organization needs back office support, PTC offers full application processing services for initial certification and/or recertification. We can review all applications according to your guidelines, process payments, and confirm the candidate’s/certificant’s status via email.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. We are confident that by working together we can find the best solutions to help your organization navigate this very challenging business environment.
As always, we welcome your questions and comments.
March 19, 2020
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Prometric test centers in the United States and Canada are now closed through April 16, 2020. If you have a testing period during this timeframe, your application will be transferred to a future testing period at no charge. As there is no guarantee that Prometric will be able to re-open their test centers after April 16, 2020, if you have an exam scheduled for late April, May or June, please contact us closer to your testing period. More information will be sent to you and you can also check at www.ptcny.com for updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all continue to navigate this crisis.
March 17, 2020
Our testing center provider, Prometric, has notified PTC that all of its U.S. and Canadian testing centers are closed effective immediately until at least April 16, 2020. Prometric is notifying all affected candidates with appointments scheduled during this period.
If you have already taken your exam, it will be scored and you will receive your Score Report via email from PTC. No further action is required.
If you are scheduled to take an exam between March 17, 2020, and April 16, 2020, you do not need to contact PTC. We will be transferring all affected candidates to the next available testing period at no charge.
You will receive a confirmation email from PTC as soon as the transfer is complete. As your new testing period approaches, you will receive a Scheduling Authorization from PTC with instructions on scheduling your exam with Prometric.
Please submit any questions using the contact form on our website: www.ptcny.com/contact
Given the high volume of candidates to be transferred, we appreciate your patience during this challenging time.
As the situation changes, we will post updates on our website.
March 16, 2020
Professional Testing Corporation (PTC) is aware of the concerns surrounding the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Protecting the health and well-being of our candidates is our highest priority which is why we will continue to proactively monitor the impact of the virus and take precautionary measures that are appropriate.
If you cannot test due to the coronavirus, we have put in place special rules. If you have a test date between now and April 18, please visit https://ptcny.com/contact
If you have a test date after April 18, please check back in at the beginning of April.
For PTC COVID-19 update, please continuing visiting this page https://ptcny.com/ptc-update-coronavirus-outbreak/
Thank you and we hope that everyone will stay healthy and safe.
March 6, 2020
Due to concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19), PTC is taking significant measures to help protect the health of PTC’s valuable staff, as well as our families and communities.
- PTC staff have been disinfecting all office and shared spaces on a regular basis and are following the CDC’s recommendations to stay healthy.
- All staff members not feeling well have been asked to stay home.
- PTC is in regular communications with Prometric regarding test center closures in impacted areas and will work with candidates to reschedule exam appointments.
- Beginning Monday, March 9, 2020, PTC will be strongly encouraging staff to work from home. Plans are in place to ensure a seamless client and candidate experience, including:
- All staff have remote access to PTC’s phone and email systems, allowing us to receive and respond to phone calls and emails without interruption
- Online applications and the online testing/practice test system will continue to operate as they normally do.
- Psychometric staff and program managers will continue to work with you on your test development needs.
- Board management and financial operations will be uninterrupted.
- All staff have been briefed on work from home protocols to maintain the security of all data and documents.
- Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, all business travel will be halted to protect the health of our staff and clients. Your program managers and coordinators will work with you to determine a course of action to ensure meeting objectives are met.
These policies are effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice. PTC’s systems and processes have always supported a mobile workforce and we are confident that our high level of customer service will be maintained during this time.
For information regarding Prometric testing centers please see their coronavirus information here: https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to ensure that our clients, staff, family, and friends stay healthy. Please let us know if you have any questions.